Here we are again, at the end of another year. For some it has lasted forever and for some it was *blink* and it’s over. Personally I fall into the latter category.
This year I have accomplished so much making my dreams a reality. I’ve strengthened a few friendships, and had to walk away from others. People, as they do, come and go. On a personal level, I have grown and changed a lot. And the same could be said for this blog and what it represents.
I signed several authors and published their debut books, first Brandon White with his intensely emotional The Year that Stole the Light Away, poetry centered around the early days of loss, grief, and learning acceptance.
Around the same time, emje mccarty’s adult comic collection, Confusion Perfume and Other Neurotic Comics, released, which chronicles her alter ego(s) and recalling her early days of dating, relationships, and then parenting. We get to watch her art grow and morph, which is hilarious and immensely satisfying.
I myself put out a second poetry book, Four, in which I include twenty-plus black-and-white nature photos and for which I have received some very positive feedback on. The book, only available directly from me or the distributor lulu in paperback, holds some of my very best poetry and I’m very proud of the end result.
Along with these titles, the dark fiction short story anthology The Shadows of Blackout Island only recently released at the end of the year, contains seven twisted tales which center on a mysterious island and the creepy goings-on within.
I’ve read some comments about my lack of support and new content here on WordPress these past eight to ten months. I will be getting back into my old shenanigans shortly after the new year as I have greatly missed all my friends and creators here… though it may look a little different. Believe me, I haven’t stopped creating art or writing, I just haven’t been sharing it with all of you much. I aim to change all that.
On another platform I shared some of the books I read this past year and here they are for you too! Some of which I’ve written reviews for, others are on the way. At the end of this post I’ll add the list, in case any are of interest to you. I hope you’ll check some of these indie authors out because most of them are really, really amazing.
Moving into this upcoming year, I have several more books currently in the works to be released from Raw Earth Ink. This includes the next book from Brandon White, another from emje mccarty, a poetry book from Hidden Bear, the poetry anthology Creation and the Cosmos, the short story horror anthology The Hawthorne Project, several from myself including a short story collection, and so much more.
Along with writing and sharing my passion for helping others realize their dreams of being published become a reality, I will be sharing more of my art and amateur photography with you. I hope you’ll continue along with me on this journey of creative ventures and keep the conversation going.
Love and light to you all,
How about you? What are your plans for this next year? I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments!!
- Left Waiting by River Dixon
- Grilled Cheese and Whiskey by Brendan de Lucia
- Broken Confessions by Jared Presser
- Badcurious by Jeroen den Haan
- Lazy Prey by Jeroen den Haan
- Lines at the Amusement Lines by Eric Keegan
- The Raven’s Poison by Braeden Michaels
- Smitten by Indie blu(e) Publishing
- Until She Sings by MB Blissett
- 101 Chances by J Matthew Waters
- Thirty Days to May by J Matthew Waters
- The Poets Symphony by Raw Earth Ink
- A Scorched and Mystified Wilderness by Dave Matthes
- Darkness Under Siege by Reaper VX
- Lost Love by Dragon Soul Press
- The Lonely Young and the Lonely Old by Tim Miller
- The Saturn Time Cube Simulation by Nick Hinton
- Crimson Skins by Devika Mathur
- That’s Not Poetry by J Warren Welch
- Your Mom Thinks it’s Poetry by J Warren Welch
- Alchemy by Mark Ryan
- Verbal Vomit by Stephanie Lamb
- The Shadows of Blackout Island by Raw Earth Ink
- (un)fettered by M Ennenbach
- The Year that Stole the Light Away by Brandon White
- My Sober Little Moon by Jon Lupin
- And Other Things by Layne Ambrose
- Stella Walker’s Acquaintances by Braeden Michaels
- Lazy and Writing Wild by Jon Perry
- X and I by SK Nichols
- False Knees by Joshua Barkman
- Confuse Perfume by emje mccarty
- Black Snow by Mark Ryan
- The Side Effects of L by Alex le‘ Gare
- Twisted Blend of Wild by Jon Perry
- The Moon Will Listen by Beau Allen
- Face the Music by Mark Towse
- Four by tara caribou