Hi there poets, artists and photographers! Want to be a part of an amazing anthology project and see your work published alongside other amazing people? Raw Earth Ink has opened submissions for the next poetry and art collection: Creation and the Cosmos: A Poetic Anthology Inspired by Nature.
Here are the rules.
- Description: a collection of poetry and art with a specific overall theme
- Theme: nature; each poem/work of art must be specifically tied to and include the theme of nature. In particular, the natural world and the elements of earth. Think Forest, Mountains, Ocean, Sky, Deep Within/Out Beyond. Think microcosm, macrocosm. Let nature and the planet inspire you.
- Deadline: 15th October 2020
- Poetry Piece Length: 10-78 lines (including blank lines), with preference given to 16-36 line pieces; a line may contain up to 58 characters (including spaces and punctuation)
- Art Submissions: black-and-white art pieces made by you. Can be photography, digital art, painting, drawing, collage, for example, but must be in black-and-white. Must be submitted as a high-quality JPG.
- Number of Allowable Submissions: up to five poems/artwork will be published per person. Submitting multiple pieces (up to EIGHT) is encouraged and preferred, as I like to showcase a person’s work to give a reader a feel for your work.
- Publishing Compensation: an e-book version of the book and the ability to order unlimited paperbacks at just above printing/shipping cost
- Additional points to consider:*This book will use the American spelling, and your poetry will be edited as such for overall continuity. Examples: recognize vs recognise
*I may contact you with questions regarding any other type of editing (for example, if punctuation varies within a piece)
*sensual, though not overly erotic, pieces accepted
*while all forms of poetry will be accepted for submissions, preference will be given to longer full-page poems over “micro-poetry” or very short haiku-type works
- If your poetry or art is not chosen, do not take this as a personal rejection of your style, simply that your work did not fit into this particular collection.
Have more questions? Email me at email@example.com
Okay, now that we got all that out, want to submit? Awesome! Here’s how:
I will need the following information from you, along with your submissions. Please, read carefully. I will automatically reject improperly submitted work.
In your initial submission:
- Email it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “C&C Submission – Author Name” [this helps me keep track of your submission within a huge inbox]
- Attach your submission as a .docx – I do not need a PDF. Don’t worry about fonts, sizing, or spacing.
- Include your name (real or otherwise) that I may use in our interactions.
- A reliable way for me to contact you: email, texting phone number (I will not call you) or messaging platform such as WhatsApp or Hangouts
- Your pen name (exactly as you want it to appear in the book)
- Piece Title(s)
Upon reviewing your submission(s), I will email you by the 25th of October with an acceptance letter in which you will need to provide this additional information at that time:
- Brief author bio, if you wish
- your website (link and title), Instagram/Twitter username, Goodreads (link) or any way you want your readers to be able to find you, I will not go mining for this information.
If you do not agree with these terms or styles, please consider holding off on this project and checking us out later. There may be future projects published by Raw Earth Ink which you may want submit to, as this particular style does not exclusively define Raw Earth Ink.
Please, if you have ANY questions at all about this project or future projects, please email me.
I look forward to hearing from you!
Raw Earth Ink