The Liebster is an award that is given to bloggers by other bloggers. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
I’m going to break all the rules and simply answer the questions that my wonderful nominee Laura asked. But first go check out her blog and then you can come back and read my answers if you are so inclined.
1. What’s your favorite food? Pumpkin. NOT pumpkin spice (ewww). Pumpkin. The wonderous glorious squash. I dare you to name a food made with pumpkin that I HAVEN’T eaten. Go on. Try. I’ll give you a small list: Pumpkin Soup (both savory and sweet), Pie, Curry, Beer, Chili, Mousse, Cheesecake, Cookies (of all sorts), Brownies, Cake, Bread, Coffee, Soda, roasted, fresh, grilled…. I love pumpkin.
2. Where’s your favorite place on earth? The beach. Not too picky on which one.
3. Name 1 bucket list place you’d like to see. I’m not a fan of travelling, but I have always wanted to see Italy.
4. What’s your favorite line in any movie? You know, I don’t really watch movies so I would be hard-pressed to think of one.
5. Name a song lyric that you love.
Breathe, breathe in the air
Don’t be afraid to care
Leave but don’t leave me
Look around, choose your own ground
For long you live and high you fly
And smiles you’ll give and tears you’ll cry
And all your touch and all you see
Is all your life will ever be
Run, rabbit run
Dig that hole, forget the sun
And when at last the work is done
Don’t sit down, it’s time to dig another one
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race towards an early grave
6. If you could live anywhere, where would it be? I already do: rural Alaska.
7. At what age did you begin to write? I can distinctly remember writing stories when I was seven. I pick up and put down the pen periodically over the years.
8. Have you experienced a life changing moment? Many. But I would say the most important moment in my life came when I held my son in my arms as he died. I will never be the same person I was before that moment.
9. What’s the first book you loved? I believe I was about eight when I read Grip, A Dog Story by Helen Griffiths. I cried so hard. It evoked such an emotional response that I fell in love with it. I can still remember it stuck with me for a long time afterward. I’m a reader, so there have been many books that I’ve fallen in love with over the years, but that’s the first that I can definitively remember LOVING.
10. If you were a character in The Wizard Of Oz, who would you be? I’ve never actually seen this movie except once when I was high and I turned off the sound and listened to Pink Floyd’s Dark Side of the Moon. Soooo, yeah, I can’t actually answer this question.
11. What makes you laugh? I love laughing. I laugh every day about all sorts of things. Talking with a friend, watching the antics of the wild bunnies around my house, my stupid shit, one-liner jokes (like Man With No Arm jokes are the best I swear), some of the blogs I follow (oh lord). I just love laughing. I also nervous-laugh… so there’s that too.
This was fun. Thanks for nominating me!
Blog to Serve
Professional Wildlife, Landscape and Seascape Photography
Love to write!
Life Is Beautiful
Apologies for my apologies
All of Me
Providing a voice for the voiceless. Poets, artists, writers...sound off! Grinding through the dumpster fire that can be life...possibly get published
Writing and Whatnot
Artist, Poet, Writer
Exploring mental health and wellbeing to keep borderline strong 💚
Welcome to a blog about our outdoor experiences.